- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 05-25-2017
Reasons to Microchip Your Pet
Pet microchipping is a practically painless procedure, where a grain-of-rice sized chip is injected under your pet’s skin. The chip is encoded with unique identifying information that will identify you as the pet owner, should your pet become lost. A nearby veterinarian or local animal shelter can read the chip if your pet is found. Provided that you register your contact info with the online database for your pet microchip, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your beloved pet companion is very likely to be returned to you if you become separated.
Here are some compelling reasons to get a pet microchip at your veterinarian in Fairfax Station:
- Big problem. One-third of all pets will be lost or stolen during their lifetime.
- Effective solution. Registered pet microchipping offers you the greatest chance of reuniting with your missing pet. Chances are more than double that your dog will be returned if he’s chipped--and your chances are thousands of times better for cats. That's why your vet, and most vets across the country, recommend a pet microchip.
- Affordable cost. For the price of a month or two of pet food, you can protect your pet from becoming permanently lost to you.
- Painless procedure.
- Reliable technology. Although chips do occasionally fail, collars and tags fail more often. (They can easily fall off or be removed.) Still, be sure to have a collar and tag, in addition to microchipping your pet. And have your vet scan your pet annually to check that the chip is still working and your contact info is up to date.
- Versatility. Your dog, cat, rabbit and many other types of pets, can be safely microchipped.
- Lifetime protection. Chips are designed to last for the lifetime of the pet.
- Bonus benefits. Some microchips come with extras like travel assistance to return your pet if s/he is lost far from home.
Get Your Pet Microchipped in Fairfax Station
Microchipping is conveniently available from your dedicated vet at Crosspointe Animal Hospital in Fairfax Station, VA. Call us at 703-690-6600 today.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.